The ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management was developed in 2016 with support and feedback from UK universities.
The qualification covers key areas of management such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Personal Development and prepares learners for a range of careers. It also provides entry to an MBA top-up at a range of universities in the UK and overseas. The qualification typically takes 9 months full-time study to achieve and is considered by many to be ATHE’s flagship product. As well as the Extended Diploma option (120 credit) there is a Diploma option (60 credit).
At a glance:
- Provides 5 optional pathways; General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People and International
- Designed with support from universities
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Progression to an MBA top-up at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
The optional units chosen will determine which pathway is achieved. Alternatively you can choose any 3 optional units and achieve the general pathway. In addition to the Extended Diploma there is a Diploma option (60 credit). For more information on which units are required for each pathway, see pages 11 to 20 of the Qualification Specification.
- Strategic Planning
- Finance for Strategic Managers
- Research for Strategic Development
- Organisational Behaviour
- Personal Development for Leadership and Strategic Management
- International Business Environment
- Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
- International Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- International Marketing
- Corporate Communication Strategies
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Managing Continuous Organisational Improvement
You can progress to an MBA Top-up from the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management. The MBA Top-up typically takes 9 months to study and varies in price from £3,360 to £6,250 depending on which university you apply to. For information on MBA top-ups please see www.athe.co.uk/progression
ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education)
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- A first degree in business, management or related subject
- A level 6 qualification, for example an ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management
- May also have relevant work experience
Students can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course which is payable when they have completed the course and are earning at least £25,000 per annum.
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- Aged 19 or over
- Undertaking a Level 3, 4, 5, 6 qualification
- Resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years or more
- Must be living in England
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Lecturers are highly experienced in their sector and hold recognized and relevant teaching and assessment qualifications.
Rather than herd all our students into a large lecture theatre and treat them as one mass group we teach in smaller groups (maximum of 30). This enables the tutors to get to know students individually and quickly ascertain their development so that they can provide extra help where and when necessary.
- Completed admission application form, available here or visit our campus to obtain one.
- Visa (if applicable)
- Previous education certificates and documents copies
- Statement of purpose (explaining why you wish to study this programme and how this course will help you in the future)
- Course fee (if self funding)
- Interview with the course leader and admission team to discuss your intention to study this programme.