The Level 3 Diploma in Business is awarded by ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education) and is an Ofqual regulated qualification widely recognized by employers in the sector. It consists of 60 credits. This qualification is aimed at learners who want to develop their career in business management and want to work towards HND / degree in Business.
ATHE is an Ofqual regulated awarding body and this qualification has been accredited to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is listed on the Ofqual register.
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK
- Progression to a bachelor degree at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- 600 learning hours, usually studied over 4.5 months to an academic year
- Designed with support from us.
This qualification is delivered by Trent Education Centre Nottingham.
How Businesses Operate
The key features of an organisation and their importance are explored, including finance, leadership, HR, marketing, managing data and customer service.
Marketing Principles and Techniques
An introduction to marketing is provided, followed by a look at research, analysis and promotional techniques.
Academic and Research Skills for Business
This unit is for understanding ones own academic strengths and weaknesses and developing research papers using a variety of skills.
Communication Skills for Business
A look at how communication is used in business and how ones own communication skills can be developed to effectively present information and idea
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to study a variety of bachelor’s degrees or continue on to ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management
ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education)
Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related levels 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
Students can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course which is payable when they have completed the course and are earning at least £25,000 per annum.
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- Aged 19 or over
- Undertaking a Level 3, 4, 5, 6 qualification
- Resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years or more
- Must be living in England
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Lecturers are highly experienced in their sector and hold recognized and relevant teaching and assessment qualifications.
Rather than herd all our students into a large lecture theatre and treat them as one mass group we teach in smaller groups (maximum of 30). This enables the tutors to get to know students individually and quickly ascertain their development so that they can provide extra help where and when necessary.
Value for money:
The College offers significantly lower tuition fees than many other institutions in the Midlands. The average fee per year of a full-time degree at a UK university is £9,250 so the College’s fee of £2,573 is very affordable in comparison.
As our classes are much smaller than many universities you will gain more support and be treated as an individual.
- Completed admission application form, available here or visit our campus to obtain one.
- Visa (if applicable)
- Previous education certificates and documents copies
- Statement of purpose (explaining why you wish to study this programme and how this course will help you in the future)
- Course fee (if self funding)
- Interview with the course leader and admission team to discuss your intention to study this programme.