This course is designed for students who need to use English effectively in both general and business environments. This course is for you if you wish to progress your employment or progress your existing career.
Business English classes include:
• Daily workplace language
• Written business communication
• Business vocabulary
• Spoken communication at work
• Essential soft skills
This qualification is delivered by Trent Education Centre Nottingham.
The core course content for our morning general English classes has five principle areas:
1. Oral communication skills. These classes focus on improving the fluency and pronunciation skills of the student.
2. Listening skills where the focus will be on the development of the student’s listening skills in the classroom so they can function successfully in real-life listening situations.
3. Written communication skills, with an emphasis on enhancing the student’s written communication skills by focusing on the strategies needed for the production of a variety of different types of written text
4. Reading skills. Various strategies such as reading for detail, skimming, scanning etc. will be used to advance the student’s reading skills.
5. Language appraisal. The student’s range of language will be the core focus, with particular stress on grammar and vocabulary and the everyday language needed to function in an English speaking environment.
Course content for Business English lessons includes:
- Coordinating and chairing meetings
- Selling in English
- Improving telephone communication skills
- How to write for business purposes e.g. formal emails, reports, presentations
- Dealing with customers
At the end of the course students should have increased their business vocabulary, be more confident in their communication skills, be able to understand key business language concepts, speak with greater accuracy and confidence and have developed their practical English skills.
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to iELTS exams
Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related levels 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
Students can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course which is payable when they have completed the course and are earning at least £25,000 per annum.
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- Aged 19 or over
- Undertaking a Level 3, 4, 5, 6 qualification
- Resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years or more
- Must be living in England
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Lecturers are highly experienced in their sector and hold recognized and relevant teaching and assessment qualifications.
Rather than herd all our students into a large lecture theatre and treat them as one mass group we teach in smaller groups (maximum of 30). This enables the tutors to get to know students individually and quickly ascertain their development so that they can provide extra help where and when necessary.
Value for money:
The College offers significantly lower tuition fees than many other institutions in the Midlands. The average fee per year of a full-time degree at a UK university is £9,250 so the College’s fee of £2,573 is very affordable in comparison.
As our classes are much smaller than many universities you will gain more support and be treated as an individual.
- Completed admission application form, available here or visit our campus to obtain one.
- Visa (if applicable)
- Previous education certificates and documents copies
- Statement of purpose (explaining why you wish to study this programme and how this course will help you in the future)
- Course fee (if self funding)
- Interview with the course leader and admission team to discuss your intention to study this programme.