Both the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management 2018 and the previous 2012 qualification are 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualifications that are the equivalent level to the second year of a bachelor’s degree. We revised our 2012 qualification this year in order to add grade boundaries and new qualification pathways, including our GenEd pathway. Further information is offered on this below.
Please note that registrations and certifications are still being accepted on the 2012 qualification. However, registrations will not be accepted beyond 30th September 2019. The 2012 version will not be certified beyond 31st December 2024.
The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management 2018 has been designed for learners who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in management roles. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable learners to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees.
At a glance:
- Provides 11 optional units offering three possible qualifications
- Designed with support from universities
- Graded Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
There are three different qualifications available on the 2018 specification. If you study the 120-credit extended diploma then you must study all 4 mandatory units and pick 4 optional units. If you study the 60-credit diploma then you must study 2 mandatory units and 2 optional units. The GenEd version of the qualification requires 11 mandatory units. To see which units are mandatory and see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
You can progress to the 2nd year of a bachelor degree from the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management, or alternatively you can progress to an ATHE qualification at level 5. For information on ATHE university top-ups please see www.athe.co.uk/progression
ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education)
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above. For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- prior study in business, management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- a level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management
- other equivalent international qualifications
Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
Students can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course which is payable when they have completed the course and are earning at least £25,000 per annum.
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- Aged 19 or over
- Undertaking a Level 3, 4, 5, 6 qualification
- Resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years or more
- Must be living in England
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Lecturers are highly experienced in their sector and hold recognized and relevant teaching and assessment qualifications.
Rather than herd all our students into a large lecture theatre and treat them as one mass group we teach in smaller groups (maximum of 30). This enables the tutors to get to know students individually and quickly ascertain their development so that they can provide extra help where and when necessary.
- Completed admission application form, available here or visit our campus to obtain one.
- Visa (if applicable)
- Previous education certificates and documents copies
- Statement of purpose (explaining why you wish to study this programme and how this course will help you in the future)
- Course fee (if self funding)
- Interview with the course leader and admission team to discuss your intention to study this programme.