The ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management was developed in 2016 with support and feedback from UK universities.
This qualification covers key areas of management such as Leadership and Research with a wide range of optional units in areas such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Personal Development. It also provides entry to an MBA at a range of universities in the UK and overseas. The qualification typically takes 9 months full-time study to achieve and prepares learners for a range of careers. As well as the Extended Diploma option (120 credit) there is a Diploma option (60 credit).The addition of our GenEd pathway in 2018, if taken in combination with the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management and the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management, allows the learner to progress onto a Bachelor’s degree in the USA at Northwood University in Michigan. A range of specific units are required in order to meet the criteria.
At a glance:
- Provides 6 optional pathways, General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People, Operations and GenEd
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the Qualifications catalogue 2017-2018
- Designed with support from universities
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Progression to an MBA at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- The Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, or by distance or blended learning.
The optional units chosen will determine which pathway is achieved. Alternatively you can choose any 4 optional units and achieve the general pathway. In addition to the Extended Diploma there is a Diploma option (60 credit). For more information on which units are required for each pathway see the Qualification Specification.
- Leadership and Management
- Research Project
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery
- Personal Leadership and Management Development
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- Economics for Business
- Factors Determining Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Communications
- Management Information Systems
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Managing Change
- Risk management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
You can progress to an ATHE Level 7 qualification or an MBA from the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management. See www.athe.co.uk/progression for more information.
ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education)
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- One or two years’ study of business, management or related qualifications at a Higher Education Institution
- A level 5 qualification in business, management or related subjects for example an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications
Students can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course which is payable when they have completed the course and are earning at least £25,000 per annum.
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- Aged 19 or over
- Undertaking a Level 3, 4, 5, 6 qualification
- Resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years or more
- Must be living in England
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Lecturers are highly experienced in their sector and hold recognized and relevant teaching and assessment qualifications.
Rather than herd all our students into a large lecture theatre and treat them as one mass group we teach in smaller groups (maximum of 30). This enables the tutors to get to know students individually and quickly ascertain their development so that they can provide extra help where and when necessary.
- Completed admission application form, available here or visit our campus to obtain one.
- Visa (if applicable)
- Previous education certificates and documents copies
- Statement of purpose (explaining why you wish to study this programme and how this course will help you in the future)
- Course fee (if self funding)
- Interview with the course leader and admission team to discuss your intention to study this programme.