The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management 2018 has been designed for learners who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in junior management. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable learners to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees. The addition of our GenEd pathway, if taken in combination with the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management and the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management, allows the learner to progress onto a Bachelor’s degree. A range of specific units are required in order to meet the criteria.
At a glance:
- Provides 10 optional units offering three possible qualifications
- Designed with support
- Graded Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
This qualification is delivered by Trent Education Centre Nottingham.
There are three different qualifications available on the 2018 specification. If you study the 120-credit extended diploma then you must study all 4 mandatory units and pick 4 optional units. If you study the 60-credit diploma then you must study 2 mandatory units and 2 optional units. The GenEd version of the qualification requires 11 mandatory units. To see which units are mandatory and see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
You can progress to the 2nd year of a bachelor degree from the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management, or alternatively you can progress to an ATHE qualification at level 5. For information on ATHE university top-ups please see www.athe.co.uk/progression
ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education)
hese qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 3 subjects
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- other equivalent international qualifications
Students can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for the course which is payable when they have completed the course and are earning at least £25,000 per annum.
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- Aged 19 or over
- Undertaking a Level 3, 4, 5, 6 qualification
- Resident in the UK/EU for the last 3 years or more
- Must be living in England
More information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Lecturers are highly experienced in their sector and hold recognized and relevant teaching and assessment qualifications.
Rather than herd all our students into a large lecture theatre and treat them as one mass group we teach in smaller groups (maximum of 30). This enables the tutors to get to know students individually and quickly ascertain their development so that they can provide extra help where and when necessary.
- Completed admission application form, available here or visit our campus to obtain one.
- Visa (if applicable)
- Previous education certificates and documents copies
- Statement of purpose (explaining why you wish to study this programme and how this course will help you in the future)
- Course fee (if self funding)
- Interview with the course leader and admission team to discuss your intention to study this programme.